In the last few years, WhatsApp became one of the most important mode of communication for most people. From official communication to chatting with friends and family, it has become the tool that millions of people across the world use. However, it’s important not to misuse the platform as it may result in your account getting banned or suspended. Also, remember, your WhatsApp account can be blocked or banned without you being informed or notified about it.
“We may ban accounts if we believe the account activity is in violation of our Terms of Service”.
Per our Terms of Service, we may retain the right to ban you without notification, as go the WhatsApp’s terms and conditions, according to GadgetsNow report.
So, here are things that may lead to you getting banned from WhatsApp.
1. Sending illegal, obscene, defamatory or threatening messages: Yes, as per WhatsApp’s terms and conditions, you can be banned for sending “illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, intimidating, harassing, hateful messages”.
2.Violence: Messages promoting violent crimes too can get you banned.
3. Creating fake account of someone: Another thing that can get you banned from WhatsApp is “impersonating someone”.
4.Sending too many messages to users who are not on your contact list: As per WhatsApp’s, “…sending illegal or impermissible communications such as bulk messaging, auto-messaging, auto-dialing, and the like; or..” too is against its terms and conditions
5. Trying to alter or modify WhatsApp app code: Another thing that can get you banned is trying to play with or tweak WhatsApp app’s code. As the company says in its terms and conditions, “…reverse engineer, alter, modify, create derivative works from, decompile, or extract code from our Services.”
6. Using WhatsApp to send viruses or malware to other users: WhatsApp also strictly prohibits sending viruses or malware to other users using its platform.
7. Trying to hack WhatsApp servers or to spying on someone: You may also lose your WhatsApp account if you try to hack WhatsApp servers or try to collect information about other users illegally.
8. Using third party WhatsApp:
Using the third-party app such as GB whatsapp, ZE whatsapp, Whatsapp Indigo, Whatsapp MA, OG whatsapp, YC Whatsapp, FM whatsapp, BSE whatsapp, Whatsapp Plus, YO whatsapp too may get you banned.
As the company says on its website, They are applications that was not developed nor are they authorized by WhatsApp.
The developers of those whatsapps have no relationship to WhatsApp, and we do not support them. Please be aware that third party WhatsApp contains source code which WhatsApp cannot guarantee as safe and that your private information is potentially being passed to 3rd parties without your knowledge or authorization.”
Facebook-owned whatsapp company has advised users to back their chats up and switch to the official app. Using these modified WhatsApp third-party apps may get you banned on WhatsApp.
9. Getting blocked by several users: You can also be removed, if too many users block you. This means that if too many users block you in a short span of time, chances are that you may end up losing your account.
10. Other users reporting against you: WhatsApp also allows its users to report a contact or a group from their profile information. If WhatsApp finds their complaint legit, it holds the right to deactivate your account.
Toyosi Habeeb as a Blogger has always been passionate about Technology, Tutorials and Latest free Browsing tricks as well as how to make money both online and offline. Having this blog gave him the avenue to bring the goodness of technology to everyone.